Well done to those of you who took part in the ‘Virtual Summer School Games’ at home and managed to complete all 5 weeks challenges: athletics, netball, gymnastics, tennis and cricket. If children at home have completed the challenges and would like a certificate to celebrate their achievements they can be downloaded from the link below or we have some spare copies in the office.
School Game Organisers have organised a Virtual Summer School Games launching 1st June!
For 5 weeks leading up to our original planned Summer Multi-event on the 7th July we will be launching simple weekly challenges, inclusive for all to take part in.
Please see Flyer
The 60 second challenges will be linked to 5 sports: Athletics, Netball, Gymnastics, Tennis and Cricket with local sporting athletes and young leaders demonstrating videos and explaining the rules. Each challenge will be accompanied with a challenge card for download.
· We have designed the Virtual Games so children can take part at home or at school, with little or no equipment needed (i.e socks instead of a tennis ball).
· We are focussing on personal best and the school game values which will be celebrated on 7th July by sharing entries and videos/ pictures.
· Videos/ pictures are not a necessity for entry- we are pushing the honesty value for those who choose to just submit a score.
· We will also be awarding a prize to the most active school! For every child that takes part (whether at home/ at school) your school will be awarded a point.
· This will also be announced as part of our online celebration day on the 7th July.
· Personal Best certificates will be downloadable from our website each week.
Entry is simple. All details can be found on our webpage here.